Sunday, March 4, 2007

04 March 2007 D(eparture Day) - A Tale of Two Radiators


Why is the world full of coincidences? I am sure that there are universal laws about them, a bit like gravity and falling over (I'm sure that if there was no gravity I would not fall over when I am drunk, so that’s an inevitable coincidence).
Wednesday we had the amazing coincidence of both cars giving trouble in exactly the same spot.
Well the latest coincidence is about radiators.
On Monday I took the Toyota to be fixed, partly because it had a water leak.
The man found a faulty hose clip radiator at the bottom of the, problem solved (?).
Today we were ready to leave, just packing the car, when I found a wet patch on the carpet in the hall. Oops! A radiator had a just sprung a pin hole leak and was spraying water. so an hour and 20 mins. later I had isolated the radiator and we were back on track (only late).
We set off and 10 minutes later, the heater on the car failed! PANIC, because if the heater fails it probably has lost water, so the engine will very quickly overheat and fail. So, expecting the engine to boil any minute, we limped down to Carol and Ron's, but amazingly it didn't, we, or rather I, got cold. Sally had a lovely heated blanket that JP and Andrea had give to her for her birthday. But, despite my worries, we got to Manchester Airport safely.
So failing radiators was the coincidence which nearly stopped us getting away on our holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment