Wednesday, May 2, 2007

02 May 2007

Preparing for our family holiday

Yesterday we arrived at Lake Griffin, where we are to meet up with Carl and Sarah, and Helen and Amy.
We have set up our TT on one site, and have booked the next door site for the others to camp on. It is very peaceful here we have already sen two types of woodpecker and Sally has spotted a bright red bird called a Cardinal. Last night we caught a brief glimpse of an armadillo in the twilight. Our campsite is surrounded be American Live Oak trees and thick underbrush and palmettos. So I hope that the others will enjoy it when they arrive on Thursday. I have finaly bought the camera I want, it should arrive on Friday (I hope it is worth it).
Today we are going to do a bit of shopping and sample the delights of an Adult Community (an over 55, open, but gated community. I will report on that later).

Family Reunion

On Thursday we were preparing for the arrival of Sarah, Carl and Brianna. Also Helen and Amy were coming for a holiday. We had put up a couple of tents, bought a little chair for Brianna and an inflatable bed for Carl and Sarah. We drove down to Orlando to collect them at 6.15 no problem. Then we returned to Lake Griffin, sorted ourselves out and went for a meal at Denny’s (last choice, but at least it was open). Then at 10.30 I went back down to Orlando to collect Helen and Amy, who were arriving at 11.15. By the time I had picked them up, they had eaten a Mac Meal and we had driven back it was 1.30 in the morning. So we were a little tired.

Family reunion update

This morning Brianna woke bright and cheerful at 6.00 and we all had a nice early morning cup of tea or coffee. Then we took a nice trip to Wal-Mart to get supplies for a couple of hours, spent shed loads of cash on bug sprays.
This afternoon Helen, Amy and I took a canoe on to the lake again, but didn’t see much as I think it was too warm for the animals, so we decided to go on a dawn safari tomorrow, so we will see if that will produce more wild life (hope its not just bugs.
New Camera

My new camera arrived yesterday and I am trying to work out how to use it. It is a little larger than I thought it would be, but I shall try to cope. It is a lot quicker – I can now take pictures of birds, rather than the post they were sat on when I started to take the pic. I can also control the focal length manually, which is good (that would have allowed me to take pictures of the fish through the glass bottom boat. The 9 megapix give a good result when blown right up. All in all first impressions seems to be very good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment